Tuesday, March 15, 2011

WORDS!

I read a lot in childhood days

Proses and poems and pieces of plays

By writers like Shakespeare and William Wordsworth

And a special mention of “the road not taken” by Robert Frost


From “twinkle-twinkle little star”

To the “golden daffodils” shining like a star

From snow white and Cinderella and wonderland’s Alice

To Romeo and Juliet and the Merchant of Venice


These masterpieces have always been fascinating

Indeed the epitomes of perfect writing

But writing a similar composition did never struck me

Until my thoughts for a friend, I once decided to unleash


And eventually then became “Writing” a passion

Through which I could put forward my very own vision

About people, about places, about things and more

With feelings, sentiments and emotions galore


It’s nothing but a play of words I learnt

In words, fire freezes and even water gets burnt

And now, it’s definitely words I have and words I use

Which fascinate many, disappoint some, and render others amused!!

No comments:

Post a Comment