Thursday, August 15, 2013

From the heart of River Ganga!


With rains overflowing rivers and making them leave their assigned land
There are curses for rivers causing destruction on the motherland
People are accusing nature of playing an obnoxious game
And for the loss due to floods, the beastly mad rivers they blame

As a reply to this, The Ganga, mother of all rivers, smiled and said
“I, too, am scared of being driven away from my very own land
My clean current is constantly being polluted by mankind
And despite their willfulness, reasons to reprehend me, people find

My pure waters have incessantly borne the wastes of every human
Left overs of living and dead are flown in the name of religious devotion
I am contaminated by the polythene bags floating in me
With the stench of dead animals, all I wish to do is flee

The putrid smelling water from the city drains, forms my kin
For the garbage produced by industries, I am the assigned bin
Waters of all streams have been narrowed down to build cities
And humans simply turn a blind eye to their respective duties

When man’s will has been crossing all the set limits,
I am bound to cross mine too, so as to come to terms with it
Humans are tyrant and have continuously been exploiting nature
And to nourish their selfish interests, the environment they torture

It is difficult for me to overcome any sort of hurdle in my way
Yet the cost of their constant atrocities, the rivers have to pay
You ignorant creatures, rivers aren’t overflowing to flood your land
Instead, it’s a cleanliness campaign to flush all the garbage off the river bed!”

No comments:

Post a Comment