Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Martyr's Story!




Words fall short for the soldier, who protected the country at the cost of his life,
Who dreamt of a beautiful honeymoon but couldn’t spend a moment with his wife,
Who had an intense desire to fulfil a wish before death, a wish that no one knows,
His family awaits him; he never came back, his body remained devoid of the last rites.

Words fall short for the soldier, who wrote a message for his family before the war-
“Mom, don’t worry, our motherland has replaced your lap for you are a little too far,
Dad, don’t miss me, I am now a part of all our fellow countrymen whose lives I could save,
Brother, wear my uniform, take my responsibility, the nation you have to serve,
Sister, your “rakhi” is precious, but understand that the country needs me more,
I hope I could make all of you proud, proud to be called a “Martyr’s family member”.”

Words fall short for the soldier, who completely lost his youth fighting in a combat,
Who willing chose to suffer the hardships, when he had the option of being a bureaucrat,
Who dedicated his life to the country and deserves a lot more than just 21 gun salute,
He deserves to be remembered; he can never “die”, despite being shot dead in the dispute.

Words just fall short!

PS: Dedicated to the soldiers on LOC.

No comments:

Post a Comment